Cara Service is a free and confidential service, providing counselling support to women, children and young people who have experienced or been exposed to domestic abuse, sexual abuse, rape and sexual assault. Domestic abuse includes emotional, physical, financial and sexual abuse.
Women and children can be referred by organisation e.g. Mental Health, GP, Social Work, School, Psychologist, Parent/carer. To access the service women and children need to be in agreement about the referral and women and children must reside within West Dunbartonshire. Women are also able to self refer.
- Person centred counselling up to 12 sessions
- Someone to talk to in confidence
- Practical short term support, advocacy and information
- Help with Safety Planning
- Access to other relevant services
- Support may be negotiated for young men up to the age of 18
- Short term support, advice, information for parents
- Suitable venues for appointments in Alexandria, Dumbarton and Clydebank
Counselling aims to create a safe space where women and children can help gain an insight into their issues. Counsellors will offer a non judgemental environment where thoughts, feelings and behaviours can be explored. Support will assist them to re-assess and improve coping skills.