Residential Care Home (Council/Independent/Private)
Our local homes provide residential care. A residential home may be the answer for you if your needs cannot be met by care at home or supported housing.
Within registered residential homes the following care is provided:
- health support and visiting health care teams for example your GP, community nurse or physiotherapist
- help with washing, dressing and giving medication
Some homes are registered for specific care needs for example dementia.
- have trained staff who will provide you with care in accordance with National Care Standards.
- are required to be registered and inspected by the Care Inspectorate
- do not provide nursing staff but can contact a community nurse to visit you should you need it.